Video marketing statistics: video is the way to go!
Let’s get one thing straight, video making is part of today’s marketing world. The benefits of video marketing for business are clear and investing in it it’s definitely worth it. But you don’t have to take my word for it, let us let the numbers talk.
In their 2020 report, Wyzowl found that:
- 89% of video marketers say video gives them a good ROI.
- 83% of video marketers say video helps them with lead generation.
- 87% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website.
- 80% of video marketers say video has directly helped increase sales.
- 95% of video marketers plan to increase or maintain video spending in 2020.
But, who’s using video marketing?
Well, apparently a lot of people are! For example, Wyzowl says 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool and according to Animoto, that number is even higher with 96% of marketers having placed ad spend on video.
The Content Marketing Institute’s findings are similar. Both its B2B and B2C research for 2020 show that:
- 71% of B2B marketers use video marketing.
- 66% of B2C marketers use video marketing.
This means that more than two-thirds of marketers are using videos for marketing and that you can’t afford to be left out.
Now, how do consumers respond to video marketing?
The online video stats show that they love it! Wyzowl’s research shows that people watch an average of 16 hours of online video per week and 84% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
Here are some more numbers:
- According to Google, more than 55% of shoppers use online video while actually shopping in a store.
- Wyzowl says that 66% of consumers prefer watching a video to reading about a product.
Where do consumers watch videos?
If you are a millennial, the answer might sound a little obvious: Mobile. That’s exactly why Mobile marketing is vital to nowadays business’s growth. According to IAB, ad spend in digital video continues to increase with marketers increasing the digital video budgets by 25% year over year.
How much do consumers like watching videos on their mobile devices? They love it!
- According to YouTube, more than 70% of all YouTube video consumption is via mobile devices.
- Broadbandsearch says users spend 40 minutes a day, on average, watching YouTube on mobile devices.
- Wyzowl says 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile devices and 93% of Twitter video views happen on mobile.
Finally, according to Cisco: By 2020, there were almost a million minutes of video per second crossing the internet. Cisco adds that, by then, 82% of all consumer web traffic will be video.
What are you waiting for? The numbers speak for themselves; video is a great way to grow your network and customer base. Are you ready to start your video marketing campaign?