How to delete a Facebook group from Facebook in 2022?
Amongst the wide breadth of solutions available to build a community on Facebook, we can’t think of a better one than a: Facebook Group. Many brands create Facebook groups campaigns to boost their reach and engagement with people of similar interests or needs.
Nonetheless when a campaign ends, companies opt to delete the Facebook Group and move on. In this blog entry we’ll go into detail on how to remove a group from Facebook completely.
What is a Facebook Group?
Groups are a free tool Facebook offers to its users to build communities around specific topics, interests, events, and pretty much anything people would be interested in discussing/talking about.
As Facebook users become more and more diverse, it is important to round up those with specific interests and create content for them to engage with. As we’ve said before, social media marketing is all about creating conversations between brands, potential customers and current customers; Facebook Groups is the best way to accomplish this.
Can you delete a Facebook Group?
There are two ways to delete a Facebook Group, you could use your web browser on a desktop or laptop, and secondly is through your smartphone or mobile device.
keep in mind that in order to remove a group from Facebook you must be the group owner and make sure that you’ve removed all the members first.
Once you (as the owner) become the only person in the group, Facebook will give you the option to delete it. Group Administrators (a.k.a admins) on the other hand can archive the group which means Facebook will de-list it making it impossible for new members to join. Admins can delete a group only if the original owner leaves the group first.
How to delete a Facebook Group using a web browser…
- Click on the “Groups” option located on the left sidebar in your Facebook homepage.
- Choose the group you want to delete.
- On the group page, click on the “Members” tab.
- Click on the “more” button on the name of each group member. Choose “Remove from Group” and then hit “Confirm”.
- You need to do this one by one until all members have been removed from the group. After that, select the “more” button next to your name. Choose: “leave group” and then “leave and delete”.
How to delete a Facebook Group using the mobile app…
- Open the Facebook App on your mobile device. (The process is the same on both iOS and Android devices.
- Press the “Menu” tab located at the bottom right corner of the screen and then select “Groups”.
- Press the “Your Groups” option at the top of your screen.
- On the screen go to the “Groups you Manage” section and select the group you want to delete.
- Tap on the group name and then press “See All” to view all of the members.
- Press on each person’s name and then select “Remove Member”
- Do the same for each member.
- Once you are the last remaining member, click on your name and choose “Leave Group”. You’ll be asked if “you want to leave and delete the group”.
- Tap “Leave and Delete” and you’re done.
That’s how to delete a group you created on Facebook. From inactivity to being no longer relevant for your business, there are many reasons as to why you should delete a group. But the main takeaway is that groups are a great way to close the gap between your business and a community.
At Bexi we are all about helping brands reach and engage with their audience through long-lasting content that speaks to them. Reach out to us if you’d like to increase your brand’s presence on social media.