How can I get the verified check on instagram?
With a lot of fake profiles, impersonations, and overall mistrust lingering on the internet, Social Media developers have created a way for its users to know they are interacting with official accounts. In this blog entry we’ll cover what is the verified check and why you should apply for it if you have amassed a great amount of followers.
What does the verified check mean on Instagram?
Before diving into the step by step guide on how to apply for the verification process. It’s important to understand that the blue verified check is a badge that appears right next to the name of certain profiles. This icon means that Instagram confirmed the account belongs to the person or brand that it represents.
In other words, if you see a blue checkmark on an Instagram profile, it means that it is the real deal. Profiles that have been verified cannot change user name or transfer it to another account.
Nonetheless, there are certain requirements the account must comply with to obtain it, thus not every profile is eligible to have it. If you are looking into verifying your Instagram profile, you must:
- Be real: Your profile must represent a real person, business, or brand.
- Be unique: This means that you can only get one blue checkmark for a business, person, or brand. With the exception of having another account for a different region and/or language. (For example: Adidas Latin America and Adidas Asia can apply for their own verification mark.)
- Have a completed profile: This means that you must fill every piece of information Instagram asks for the account.
- Be Known: The account to be verified must represent a person, business, or brand that is well-known, looked for constantly on the platform, or that appears on news platforms.
All of the verification requests are checked manually, there is no way to go around a computer or algorithm.
How do you get the verified check on Instagram?
Before we can get started, make sure you have the following requirements:
- Have a Facebook Business Page linked to your Instagram Business Account
Keep in mind that not all business pages are eligible for an authentication checkmark from the get go. As every case is reviewed manually, sending a request does not guarantee it will be approved.
If you still want to try, here are the steps you need to take to Verify Account.
- On your Instagram Business Account profile, tap on the three lines at the top right corner of your screen.
- Go to settings.
- Tap Account
- Scroll down until you see the option “Request Verification”, press it.
- Now this is where it gets tricky. You’ll be asked to fill out a form where you need to prove your identity and business ownership. Provide insights on your business and the people that follow you. And prove your brand has the interest of the public.
- Once you’ve filled out the form, press “Send”.
And that’s it. If your request is approved, a checkmark will appear next to your username automatically. If it is denied, everything will stay as is. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it on the first try. There are many ways to build trust on social media.
If you are looking to improve your social media game, you can’t miss our 101 Guide on how to make the most out of Instagram and increase your brand recognition.